IT IS IN THE WAY YOU BRUSH MY HAND


 I hate that you hold my hand 

Instead of intertwining our fingers 
I hate that you peck me on the cheek
When you have my lips to devour 
I hate how tense your shoulders feels 
When I pretend to casually massage them 
I hate that our gazes never lock 
Every time I stare at you 

I've sensed how you hold your breath 
When I joke about intimacy 
I've sensed the rigidity your body curls into 
When I try to linger on for a hug 
I've not had a dream in a while 
And only your face showed up when I had one 

I want to believe I'm wrong 
I want to think that the feelings are unrequited 
But it's in the brushes you give my hand 
The silly, random nicknames you assign me 
The music you play for me when we're alone 
It's in the way you understand my silence 
Or the attention you pay to my excited ramblings 
It's in the random  messages you send me 
It's in your need to keep my jumpers
Or to scroll through my phone 
It's in the way you ask me what I think of you

So if this never amounts to anything 
If our fears override the intensity of our emotions 
And our prides stubbornly stand in the way 
I will be content knowing that 
Yours is the purest form of love I ever knew

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MY POV :Getting older